“A Cam is a rotating machine element which provides reciprocating or oscillating motion to another machine element called a follower.”
Types of Followers :
- Knife edge follower
- Roller Follower
- Flat faced follower
- Spherical faced follower
- Point contact (also known as Higher pair.)
- Surface contact (also known as Lower pair.)
Applications of Cams and followers.
- For operating inlet and outlet valves of IC Engine in automobiles
- In wall clock
- Automatic attachment of machineries
- Paper cutting machines
- Feed mechanism of automatic lathes.
So this was a short brief on “Cam and follower- details with types and uses”.
If you like this post, do let us know about it in the comments and share with friends and family with social links given below.